Monday, March 16, 2009

All at the same time!

Wow, what an energetic month this has been!

The whole of last month was chaotic, highly unruly like a little child and of bountiful energy all at the same time. How life manages to throw at us such vivid permutations and combinations of varied emotions simultaneously is beyond me.

I shifted houses this month. The much awaited ‘big’ pad was all ready for me to move in and decorate. It would be ‘my’ space. A reflection of my spirit and energy. What would I like it to be? With constant ideas flowing in and out of my tete, I realized that the underlying concept remained unchanged. Keep it close to nature and me, said my bossy conscience. Rightly ho, I thought, fits with being a biologist. So while one part of my character was happy being creative and thinking of colour combinations for the wall unit in my sleep, another was unexpectedly and quite rudely asked to wake up and smell the coffee. A friend of mine was trying to deal with bigger and more important things. A serious illness in the family. I had many questions for my friend…how are you dealing with it? Can one deal with it? What does one do when you know the verdict? All very scary questions for me, needless to say for her. I guess I wanted to be of help, I wanted to extend myself to her, to comfort her. I suck at verbal expression, so luckily for me, I think she understood that I wanted to just ease her pain, without me saying a word in that direction.

Much as life loves its contrast, my sister and brother in law were happy trying out names, much like clothes on a hanger, for my little nephew. How about this today? she would ask me, with her eyes so full of sparkle I could see them over the phone. Nah, I would say… he doesn’t look like one!

I guess life as a young adult in this century is full of dramatic turns just like a soap opera. Nothing is impossible. From terrorist attacks to someone somewhere being bombed to attending naming ceremony parties with your family can all somehow happen on the same day.

The trick is, I think, to stay put, like a canvas, and watch all your emotions float by like clouds overhead. Just like we did when we were children…. except ofcourse clouds were just clouds back then!

1 comment:

  1. Hey frodo...am I that friend?
    You did an awesome job..and never fear..I always knew that you were trying to be my rock..all the time I was there! I adore you!!

    Sometimes life is like that...Its when you are at your lowest,that a rainbow will seem even more pretty!

    ReplyDelete